Wrapping gifts creatively is a fun thing; it makes your gift even more interesting than what’s inside. Presenting your gift beautifully can make the other person feel good. But how to wrap your gift when you do not have a bag or a box? Don’t worry; there are some exciting and simple ways to do it. You can learn to make paper gift bags from gift wrappers in simple steps.
Moreover, you won’t even need many materials. They must be in your home lying in any corner. So, let us learn how to make beautiful gift bags out of gifting papers.
What you’ll need:
- Wrapping paper
- Cello tape
- Hole puncher
Step 1: Measure and Tape
First of all, measure the size of your gift by wrapping the gift paper around it. It will let you know how much paper you would need for a perfect sized bag. Once you see the size, fold the paper in half. Seal both the sides with tape and fold the bottom end up.
Step 2: Fold and Seal the Bottom
Open the mouth of the bottom end, so that inside wall of the paper is visible. Now fold the right and left edges in, similarly fold the bottom and top as well. Using tape, seal all the folds.
Step 3: Place Gift and Fold
Flip the other side of the paper gift bag open so that you can put the gift inside. Place your gift inside and fold the top over.
Step 4: Add Ribbon
Make your gift bag look even prettier and finished by adding a beautiful ribbon. Using a punching machine, punch holes on the top and insert a ribbon in a way that you can hold the bag holding the ribbon. Then you will get your paper gift bag with handles!
To ensure that your handmade paper gift bag is up to the mark, you need to keep some things in mind.
- Use medium-weight wrapping paper which is able to hold your gift and is sturdy. Plus, it should be easy to fold; it shouldn’t be too thick to fold from the sides.
- Your paper gift bag with handles should taller than its width.
- Do not prefer to make these bags if your gift is too tall, mega-sized or heavy. Paper gift bags cannot carry heavy things; they are ideal for gifts like clothes, jewellery, perfume or cards.
- To make sure that your bag is perfectly sturdy, add cardboard at the bottom. It will make the bag easy to stand and will make it look clean.
- Lastly, if your bag still feels flimsy, make it stronger using tapes.
How can you decorate your gift bag?
Now that you have learnt how to make a pleasant paper gift bag, you can try adding more efforts to decorate the bag. Things like quirky ribbon, message cards, washi tape, letters, gift tags, stickers, candy and a cute photograph can make it look more presentable.